This is a deliciously tempting Plum, Apple & Cinnamon Crumble to enjoy with all of the family during the colder months. @Bakesbymichelle has prepped, baked and served this warming dessert straight from the oven to the table using our beautiful Studio Grey and Studio Blue collections.
Michelle has baked the crumble in one of our eye-catching Studio Grey Ridged Bowls which is ideal for using in the oven and serving straight to the table. The deeper bowl shape also ensures there’s a generous amount of filling.
• 3 Bramley apples (roughly chopped)
• 5 large plums (quartered)
• 70g soft brown sugar (or less depending on sweetness of fruits)
• 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 340g plain flour
• 170g unsalted butter
• 130g soft brown sugar
• 65g jumbo porridge oats
• 35g roasted chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 170 fan.
2. Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
3. Quarter plums and place all the fruits in the bowl. Scatter over sugar and sprinkle cinnamon and roughly toss all together.
4. To make the crumble topping, rub butter and flour together to breadcrumb consistency, add sugar, porridge oats, and nuts and mix thoroughly.
5. Bake for 50-60minutes until golden brown and fruit is bubbling around the edges.
To see how you could use your Denby stoneware to cook and bake, read our tips below.
Tips for Baking with Denby Stoneware
Bowls, bowls, bowls
Whether you’re an experienced home baker or have simply been inspired by this year’s Great British Bake Off, we have everything you need to create a show-stopper of your very own. When it comes to baking at home, you can never have too many bowls! Investing in an assortment of different sizes means you can vary the way that you prep, bake and serve, depending on the occasion – our stoneware pieces are so versatile, they can also be used from breakfast to supper and everything in-between.
Create your own baking edit
Consider mixing and matching pieces from our contemporary Studio Grey and Studio Blue stoneware ranges to create your own baking edit, not only do they complement each other beautifully but they will they make your bakes look great too.
Choose versatile pieces
Statement pieces such as a durable ridged bowl is perfect for baking family sized crumbles as well as other delicious desserts, whilst ramekins, cereal bowls and rice bowls are ideal for prepping your ingredients or when baking individual sized portions in the oven.
Prep, bake and serve with confidence
Baking with Denby stoneware has never been easier and each piece can be safely used in the oven, microwave, dishwasher and freezer meaning you can prep, bake and serve with each piece with confidence.