Foodie, Nourishing Amy, has shared with us her family’s favourite roasted vegetable salad that’s served with rice and an olive oil and balsamic dressing.
A great recipe for a summer’s day, enjoy this dish for a relaxed lunch or as a side dish at an alfresco gathering. Amy has used our Modus Ombre serving bowl to serve the salad and portioned it into our tonal Studio Blue rice bowls.
Serves 4-5 as a side
- 200g rice (white, basmati or brown)
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or orange), small dice
- 1 large courgette, in rounds
- 2 red onions, in chunks
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 160g sweetcorn
- 100g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 40g spinach, chopped
- To serve: fresh coriander, black sesame seeds, lemon wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line 2-3 baking trays with parchment paper. Add the diced peppers, courgette and red onion to the trays and drizzle with 2-3 tbsp olive oil and 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes, turning over halfway through. Allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, cook the rice and allow to cool.
3. Add the rice to a large mixing bowl along with the roasted vegetables and all their cooking juices/oils, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, pumpkin seeds, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes and chopped spinach. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Stir through 1 more tbsp each of balsamic and olive oil, if you need more of a tang.
4. Serve at room temperature with some fresh herbs, seeds and lemon wedges.