Try this easy chocolate mug cake recipe for a quick sweet treat. Created by food blogger, Sandhya’s Kitchen, this is a flourless recipe so is perfect if you haven’t been able to get hold of flour for your baking cupboard.
- 2 eggs, cold
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
1. Place the eggs in a bowl and beat using a hand mixer at a high speed.
2. Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a bowl, stirring in between, until all of the chocolate and butter are melted into a smooth consistency.
3. Stir in the baking powder and mix together.
4. Fold 1/3 of the beaten eggs into the chocolate mixture using a spoon and the cut and fold method.
5. Fold in half of the remaining egg mixture , and then again the remaining, until it’s all combined.
6. Transfer the cake mixture into a microwave safe mug, I have used Denby’s Modus Speckle Large Mug, and place it into the microwave for 90-120 seconds. If you feel the cake is under cooked, microwave for a further 30 seconds max.
7. Allow the cake to cool down. Serve your flourless chocolate mug cake with a spoonful of ice cream.