The sunshine has finally arrived and we’re celebrating with two refreshing summer drinks, ideal for enjoying with friends.
With the option of a cocktail and a mocktail, you can make sure there’s a drink to suit everyone.
Mint and Lime Mojito
2 limes, 1 x squeezed and 1 x sliced for garnish
10 fresh mint leaves
2 tsp sugar
65ml white rum
Soda water, to taste
Fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- Mix the lime juice with the sugar in a glass, we used our Halo Red Wine Glasses
- Use a pestle and mortar to muddle the mint leaves and add into the glass
- Pour in the ice and follow with the rum
- Top up with soda water and garnish with slices of lime and fresh mint sprigs.
Rose, Rhubarb and Juniper Mocktail
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp rhubarb and juniper syrup (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb, handful of crushed juniper berries)
Chopped rhubarb and juniper berries for garnish
1. To make the syrup combine the sugar, water and rhubarb in a saucepan. Over a high heat, stir to dissolve the sugar. Then add the juniper berries and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the rhubarb and juniper berries and allow to cool
2. Add ice into a glass, we used our Imperial Blue Red Wine Glasses. Pour in the lemon juice and syrup and top with rose lemonade. Garnish with rhubarb, juniper berries and mint.