Try something a little different this Pancake Day with this vibrant and delicious recipe from food blogger @fancyplantsfoodie.
These banana and berry infused pancakes are suitable for vegans too.
For the pancakes:
- 350ml plant based milk
- 100g (1 medium size) banana
- 100g oat flour
- 50g ground walnuts
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 50g berries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of ground vanilla or a splash of vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A little oil to cook with
For the filling and toppings:
- Coconut dairy-free yoghurt blended with 1 banana and mixed berries.
- First blend the oats to make the oat flour and grind the walnuts down. Add these to a large mixing bowl
- Blend the bananas and berries with a little milk and also add these to the mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk thoroughly
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes to allow the flaxseeds to soak up the liquid and bind the mixture
- Meanwhile heat up the oil in your pan
- Whisk again thoroughly before ladling a portion of the batter into the hot pan
- Cook until underside is lightly browning then flip and cook the other side
- Serve with fresh fruits, quinoa puffs & edible roses, or toppings of your choice