An indulgent treat created by food blogger Ewa from @LetsEatSmart, the perfect way to celebrate Dessert Week on The Great British Bake Off.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Chilling time: 5 hours | Serves: 6
For the base:
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- For the chocolate orange filling:
- Line a 6 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cashew nuts, almond flour, cinnamon, dates and crystallised ginger to a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds. Stir in the melted coconut oil to form a sticky dough
- Transfer into the cake pan and press the dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the fridge
- To make the chocolate orange filling, place the cream, milk and ginger into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously ensuring it does not burn
- Take the mixture off the heat, and pour, through a sieve, into a bowl. Discard the ginger pieces
- Add the broken chocolate pieces together with 3 teaspoons of orange essence into the cream and stir until all the chocolate has melted and incorporated
- Take the crust out of the fridge and pour the chocolate mixture on top. Return to the fridge to set overnight
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving
For more recipes, visit her blog here.