This red lentil and tortilla soup recipe from @SandhyasKitchen is a quick, easy and healthy dish, served up on Studio Grey. Give it a try for National Vegetarian Week.
Total Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 3
- 1/2 cup red lentils quick cooking lentils – masoor dal washed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder or cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 Salsa
- 1 Cup of Crushed Tomatoes or canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 to 1 cup water Optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Baked Tortilla Strips
- Lime Slice
- Coriander leaves
- Finely diced onions.
- Add all the ingredients (apart from the cooked black beans and your toppings) into a deep pot and bring to a boil.
- Allow the lentil soup to simmer for another 20 minutes or so, or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the black beans and allow the soup mixture to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer this hearty vegan soup to individual bowls and top with the baked tortilla strips, sliced avocado, lime wedge, finely diced onions, sliced jalapeños and cilantro.
For more tasty recipes click here to visit Sandhya’s food blog.