Treat your mum to a delicious homemade brunch for Mother’s Day with this tasty waffle recipe from Sophie Purser @blackvelvetstyling.
Serves: Around 12 waffles (3 sets of 4 if you have a square 2×2 waffle iron)
- 450g self-raising flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 750ml milk
- Banana, sliced
- Maple Syrup
- Turn your waffle machine on.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Gradually beat in the eggs, then add the milk slowly, whisking well to get a smooth a batter.
- When your machine is ready move some butter over it with kitchen roll.
- Using a jug pour the batter mixture in so it just covers the peaks of the waffle moulds and spreads into each corner.
- Cover and cook for around 4 minutes or as your waffle machine self times, until they are golden brown. (Don’t open to check too soon – your will pull the waffles apart!)
- Serve warm with fruit, nuts, ice cream, maple syrup, whatever you fancy!For chocolate waffles add 200g of melted dark chocolate to the batter before cooking.
Check out more of Sophie’s recipes and beautiful food photography here.