The Healthy Twists duo have you covered for weekend pancakes with their oat and banana pancake recipe topped with blueberries, pistachios and chocolate sauce.
This recipe makes about 10 small pancakes.
- 100g oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 220ml dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsps. coconut yoghurt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Grade A maple syrup
- Banana, sliced
- Pistachios, chopped
- Chocolate sauce
- In a blender blitz the oats into a flour, then add all the other ingredients and blend until they form a smooth pancake batter.
- Leave the pancake batter to stand for 20 minutes.
- Warm a frying pan to a medium heat and use a piece of kitchen towel to wipe your choice of oil lightly around the pan. Repeat this process between pancakes.
- Use a ¼-measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter into the frying pan – depending on the size of your pan you may be able to cook 3 or 4 at a time. Cook the pancakes until air bubbles pop through the surface and the edges slightly dull, then turn the pancakes over. The underside should be lightly golden.
- After 2 or 3 minutes both sides should be golden. Then remove the pancake from the frying pan.
- If cooking all the pancake batter, to keep them warm, place the pancakes on a plate in the oven at a low temperature.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked serve and top with sliced bananas, fresh blueberries, chopped pistachios and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
For more tasty recipes head over to the Healthy Twists website: https://healthy-twists.com/