The Healthy Twists duo have created this deliciously indulgent chocolate and vanilla truffle recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day.
This recipe makes about 10 truffles.
For the truffles:
- 100g 70%+ dark chocolate
- 50ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the truffle coating:
- Handful of pistachios, crushed
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Finely chop the chocolate and add to a glass bowl with the vanilla extract, coconut cream and coconut oil.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of just boiling water (a bain-marie) and stir until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients have combined.
- Leave to cool then cover the bowl and place in the fridge for up to 1½ hours – remove before the chocolate sets firmly.
- Meanwhile, pulse the pistachios in a blender until they form a crumb. Place in a bowl and set to one-side.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop out some of the chocolate truffle mixture and roughly shape into balls using either the teaspoons or the palms of your hands.
- Put the truffle into the crushed pistachios and roll until lightly coated. Set to one-side and repeat until you have used all of the truffle mixture. Alternatively, dust some of the truffles in cacao powder. Return to the fridge to chill.
Store the truffles in the fridge and eat within 4 days.
For more delicious recipes head over to the Healthy Twists website: https://healthy-twists.com/