The perfect festive treat for those with a sweet tooth.
For the Lemon & Blueberry Bundt Cakes:
- 225g softened butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely grated rind of 3 lemons
- 100g fresh blueberry’s
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g icing sugar
- Blackberries for decoration
For the Gingerbread Reindeer Antlers:
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 85g golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
Gingerbread Reindeer Antlers:
- Melt the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan.
- In a bowl mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices. Add the warm syrup mixture and the egg and stir together.
- Once mixed, gently knead in the bowl until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and leave out until softened. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line baking trays with baking parchment.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin, then cut out gingerbread antlers with a cutter. Re-roll the excess dough and keep cutting until it’s all used up.
- Lift the biscuits onto the trays and bake for 10-12 mins.
Lemon & Blueberry Bundt Cakes
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease your mini Bundt cake moulds.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and slowly add the eggs to the mixture then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and slowly mix. Once completely mixed add the grated lemon rind and the lemon juice.
- Spoon half the mixture into the Bundt moulds then add the blueberries. Spoon the remainder of the mixture into the moulds and level.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave in the moulds to cool for 10 minutes then loosen with a palette knife and turn out to finish cooling.
- Wait until the cakes are cold then mix lemon juice with the icing sugar and decorate your cakes to your taste. Once it has started to set add your gingerbread antlers and leave to set completely.