Create a truly unique gift and tailor the scent for that special someone this Christmas.
You will need:
• Wax Pellets
• Wick holder
• Craft sticks / lollipop sticks
• Essential oils of your choice
• Glue Dots
• A Pyrex or heat proof jug
• Oven Gloves / a thick tea towel
• And not forgetting, a pretty Denby rice bowl
- Glue a wick holder to the bottom of your bowl. Insert the wick and pull it taught, winding it around the lollipop stick until it sits straight up the centre of the bowl. Tape the wick to the lollipop stick and rest it on the top of the bowl.
- Heat up your wax pellets slowly and carefully either using a bain-marie or simply by heating in the microwave. This will take around 10 minutes on full power but it’s good to stop it every now and again to stir. Once it is completely liquid, add your chosen essential oil. We tried Clementine, pine and frankincense for a gorgeous Christmassy aroma. You will need more drops of oil than you think – around 30. Pour into the bowl stopping at about 1cm from the top.
- Let the candle cool and set completely then trim the wick so that it is about 2cm long.
- Wrap your candle up and give with huge pride! It’s worth noting that once the recipient has burnt their candle they can pop their bowl in the freezer overnight and the remaining wax should just pop out. Then they also have a lovely Denby bowl for Christmas too.
We’d love to see your creations, tag us on Instagram @denbypottery