For a simple and shareable dessert, make honeycomb topped with chocolate and nuts.
- Butter for greasing
- 200g castor sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- 1 cup of nuts
- Prepare a tin or baking tray and line with butter
- Measure out the sugar and syrup and place in a saucepan on a low heat
- Once the sugar has melted, turn up the heat and simmer
- The mixture should then quickly turn a deep golden colour. Turn off the heat and immediately add the bicarbonate of soda, beating it together to create a foaming mixture
- Transfer the mixture to the tin or baking tray, taking care as the caramel will be extremely hot
- Leave to cool for up to 2 hours
- Once fully cooled and hardened, drizzle over your favourite chocolate and sprinkle nuts before breaking up to serve.