This Easter, cook up a delicious slow roasted leg of lamb cooked on a bed of vegetables for all of your family to share.
We’ve served it up in one of our Halo Cast Iron Oval Casserole dishes which can be taken straight from the oven to the table.
Ready in approx 2 hours
1 boneless leg of lamb, tied with string
1tbs light olive oil
2-3 red onions, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, left whole and unpeeled
400g chantenay or baby carrots, larger ones sliced lengthways
6-8 baby parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways
500ml lamb stock
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the herb dressing:
Large handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Small handful fresh thyme, chopped
Few sprigs oregano or rosemary, leaves only, chopped
4tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, squeezed.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C fan/190°C conventional/gas mark 5
2. Weigh the lamb joint and calculate cooking time, allowing 20-25 mins per 450g/lb for meat a little pink in the middle
3. On hob, heat olive oil in casserole and add lamb joint, turning often, until just sealed
4. Remove the lamb and set aside
5. Add onions, parsnips and carrots to casserole, plus 3 whole garlic cloves
6. Sit lamb on top of the veg, arrange lemon wedges around meat, pour over stock and season well with black pepper
7. Cover with lid and cook in the oven for 15 mins, remove lid and cook for 30 mins more
8. To make the herb dressing, mix chopped herbs with lemon juice in a small bowl, stir in extra virgin olive oil
9. Remove from oven and spoon half of herb dressing over lamb, return to oven for the rest of the cooking time
10. Let meat rest for 20 mins before serving with potatoes and the rest of the herb dressing.
Discover our full Easter Entertaining collection for more inspiration here.