Our friend and lifestyle blogger Sarah, from the blog Extraordinary Chaos has devised the perfect one-pot chicken dish to serve your family this weekend. With fresh ingredients, it’s healthy and nutritious with plenty of flavour, making it a go-to dish for the new year.
Sarah says, “Christmas is over and it’s that time of year when the cold, dark nights demand delicious comfort food. This tasty recipe is very easy to throw into a pan on those busy nights as we juggle work and family life – but is also healthy and packed with vitamins.”
For 4 people you will need:
4 chicken breasts
2 sweet potatoes
2 packets of on-the-vine tomatoes
2 red onions
1 bulb of garlic (peel but leave the cloves whole)
2 sweet red peppers
A splash of white wine
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 packets of lemon couscous.
1. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks
2. Peel the onions and chop into quarters
3. Chop the leek into slices
4. Cut the ends off the peppers and remove seeds
5. Place all of the above vegetables into the pan
6. Layer the chicken on top, followed by the tomatoes and garlic
7. Pour in a small splash of white wine
8. Season with salt and pepper
9. Cover and place in the oven on 200°C and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes to brown off
10. Season and serve with couscous.
Sarah has used one of our beautiful Heritage Pavilion Oval Casserole Dishes to cook and serve this one-pot dish.