Food blogger, Kym Grimshaw from On The Plate has created an exclusive menu of dishes for us inspired by the Modern Rustic trend and which are perfect for sharing with friends.
Here she shares with us her beetroot, goats cheese and thyme tart recipe which is the ideal dish to serve and share.
Ingredients (serves 4)
● 320g ready rolled puff pastry
● 3 tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
● 150g mascarpone, at room temperature
● 200g goats cheese
● 250g fresh cooked beetroot, drained and sliced
● 2 tbsp honey
● Rocket, to serve
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Unroll the pastry onto a baking sheet, trimming any excess pastry at either end if necessary. Score a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry sheet, prick all over with a fork, then bake for 10 minutes.
2. Mix together the mascarpone, half of the goats cheese, honey and thyme leaves. Pat dry the sliced beetroot with kitchen paper.
3. Allow the pre-baked pastry sheet to cool a little before spreading over the cheese base, topping with the slices of beetroot and dotting with the remaining goats cheese.
4. Bake for a further 10 minutes until golden. Top with rocket and extra thyme sprigs to serve.
For tips on how to style the Modern Rustic trend in your home, see here.