Food blogger, Kym Grimshaw from On The Plate has created an exclusive menu of dishes for us inspired by the Modern Rustic trend and which are perfect for sharing with friends. Her recipes bring a taste of the outdoors to the table with colourful dishes featuring seasonal ingredients, finished off with foraged fruits and berries.
For a taste of something sweet, here Kym shares with us her raspberry ripple and white chocolate cheesecake bar recipe.
Ingredients (serves 9)
● 300g gingernut biscuits
● 75g unsalted butter, melted
● 600g cream cheese
● 3 large eggs
● 75g caster sugar
● 1 ½ tsp cornflour
● 150g white chocolate, melted
● 150g fresh raspberries, plus extra to serve
● 30g golden caster sugar
1. Begin by making the raspberry ripple, puree the raspberries and add to a pan with the golden caster sugar. Bring to a low simmer and reduce until slightly thickened, for 1 – 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a 24cm x 24cm oven dish with tin foil. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor and combine with the melted butter. Put the crumble base into the the lined dish and press down.
3. Whisk the eggs, then mix in the cream cheese, sugar and melted white chocolate. Spoon over the biscuit base and smooth out.
4. Add the raspberry puree to the top of the cheesecake and swirl with a skewer.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, leave to cool and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing into squares. Serve with extra raspberries.
Discover more from our Modern Rustic campaign here.