Feel good chef Indy Power has created a series of delicious one-pot recipes ideal for cooking in our Cast Iron and Oven to Tableware ranges. Both beautiful and practical, the collections are perfect for hassle-free cooking.
The first of Indy’s recipes is a fragrant and comforting one-pot dish: Chorizo bean stew. Ideal for mid-week cooking, serve it on its own or with a side of quinoa to soak up the sauce.
Indy says, “This is the most comforting, mid-week one-pot dinner. It’s heaven on a blustery winter’s evening and it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.”
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
200g of Chorizo
1 Large White Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Teaspoon of Paprika
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
320g of Cherry Tomatoes
500g of Butter Beans, Cannellini Beans or Chickpeas (or a mixture)
1 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree
2 Cups of Stock (500ml)
• Slice the chorizo, dice the onions and mince the garlic
• Place a medium sized pot on medium-high heat, add a little oil and the chorizo and cook for a few minutes until starting to brown
• Turn the heat down a little and add in the garlic, onion and whole cherry tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes, tossing regularly until the onion is soft
• Sprinkle in the paprika and oregano, toss well and continue until the tomatoes start to burst
• Next, add in the beans or chickpeas and toss well
• Add the stock and tomato puree and stir
• Bring to a simmer, then leave to cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes until the beans are tender
• Serve straight to the table and enjoy!
Shop the Natural Canvas Casserole Dish that Indy used to cook her recipe here.