Anna’s next recipe is a showstopper of a main course: flaked pepper cod and parsley pesto with a spicy feta cherry tomato sauce, served with crushed lemon hasselback potatoes.
Anna insists that this Greek inspired dish is one to try at home any night of the week. Her favourite element is the lemon roasted hasselback potatoes – “I love the amount of crunch you get combined with the zest of the lemon”.
Lemon Roasted New Potatoes Ingredients:
650g New potatoes – Partly sliced to create the hassleback
Drizzle of olive oil
Generous sprinkle of sea salt
Small handful of fresh oregano
½ Pint of vegetable stock
Zest of 1 Lemon plus juice.
Spicy Feta Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
Glug of olive oil
1/2 Red onion – Finely diced 3 Cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
1 Red birdseye chilli – Roughly chopped
1 Vine of cherry tomatoes (around 10-12 tomatoes) – Squashed and seeds removed
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp chopped oregano
350g Cod or haddock
8 Small peppers.
Parsley Pesto Ingredients:
1 Clove of garlic
20g Parmesan – Finely grated
2 Tbsp pine nuts
Sprinkle of salt flakes
Handful of parsley (around 3 tbsp once chopped)
Good glug of olive oil
– Begin by preheating the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Take the new potatoes and starting at one end, carefully slice halfway down the potato. Repeat all the way along the potato and then drizzle with olive oil, add seasoning along with ½ of a pint of vegetable stock and roast for 20 minutes.
– Next, add in the lemon zest and juice and roast for a further 20 minutes before adding an additional drizzle of oil and fresh oregano and roast for a final 10-15 minutes or until crisp.
– On a separate roasting dish, add the small peppers along with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for around 20-25 minutes or until they start to darken slightly.
– For the spicy feta sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan and then add in the onion, garlic and deseeded cherry tomatoes. Allow to cook over a medium to low heat for 5-6 minutes until the onions soften. Remove from the pan, add in the fresh oregano and feta and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan and cook a little more adding in the tomato puree.
– For the pesto, simply mix all ingredients or blitz with a hand blender until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
– Place your cod in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet. You will know when it is done as it will no longer appear translucent and you should see the flakes of fish beginning to separate. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
– Serve this up by pouring the spicy feta sauce onto the bottom of a serving dish then scatter over the roasted peppers and hassleback potatoes. Next, add the flakes of cod followed by dollops of pesto plus a few sprigs of fresh oregano. Chilli lovers can slice up some extra chilli.